PointAustin

Saturday, Apr 19th

Last update11:44:15 PM

FacebookTwitterFeed
  • Oasis-Austin.jpg

PointAustin Weekly Top Pick- Torchy's Tacos Queso

TorchysquesoThis post is a celebration of Torchy's Tacos queso and to any friend who would never let you eat it alone at 9:30 in the morning. Yes, you read it correctly, 9:30 in the morning.  No judgments, please. 

So this two-part Top Pick couldn’t really be complete without the other.  Torchy’s queso is one of my favorites.  It’s a mouth-watering oasis of pure and utter enjoyment.  I’m not a food critic, or a food writer, nor am I trying to be, but I just can’t help myself.  Really, the easiest would be to skip my mouth altogether and rub it all over my thighs; but where is the fun in that?

What I love about this particular Torchy’s run is the fact that A) I discovered they will serve it up this early in the day, B) it really packed an additional punch to my already amazing chorizo, egg and cheese breakfast taco and, C) after inquiring if they would serve it this early in the day, my breakfast companion, who was not only willing to partake in this guilty pleasure, bought it to share and eat with breakfast. I love this girl!

It was so hard not to ravage that bowl of queso at 9:30 am. But two giddy women managed to restrain themselves and not grab their straws and slurp it up or devour it like it was the last bit of Torchy’s queso on earth.  Besides, we were childless, and therefore, we would have no explanation as to why we would have had dried queso in our hair the remaining part of the morning before preschool pick up.

Thanks, Torchy’s Tacos, for your amazing queso and thank you to my dear friend, who shall remain nameless, for sharing in this experience with me.  The next queso breakfast is on me!

Torchy’s Tacos: 11521 Ranch Road 620 Austin, Texas. Located near Anderson Mill in the HEB shopping center behind Starbucks.

Torchy's Tacos on Urbanspoon