- Published on Saturday, 21 January 2012 19:23
- Heather Chapman
I love fundraisers! I enjoy helping with raising money and spreading the word; especially when it involves our schools. We are investing in our children. They are the future. They are a large part of our community. By our continued efforts and support for programs, we are securing a passion for the arts, academics and athletics. All of which I believe must coexist together to give our children the best possible, balanced future.
We would like to help spread the word about this current fundraiser for Vandegrift Marching Band and Vision Dance Team. These kids work hard and have a passion for music and dance. Games, pep rallies and parades just wouldn't be the same without them. Don't you just love hearing the drums?
Here is how you can help, while making your yard look good.
Below is a portion of an email sent by one of my neighbors ( a VHS Band member.)
Vandegrift Marching Band and Vision Dance Team are currently conducting a Mulch Fundraiser and would like your support. We are selling bagged mulch which you can have delivered to your home FREE OF DELIVERY CHARGE!! See below for details of the fundraiser.
· Buy landscaping mulch at the same price as local home-improvement stores
· Vandegrift Viper band and Vision Dance members will deliver it to your home FREE OF DELIVERY CHARGE!
· The mulch comes in 2 cubic foot bags - the price is $3.50 a bag ($3.25 a bag for orders of 20+ bags)
· Most homeowners need between 20 and 80 bags of mulch for all their beds, larger lots require more mulch
· Mulch will be delivered Saturday, February 18, 2012 (you do NOT have to be home for delivery – just indicate on the order form where to stack the bags)
· You can choose between two types, Black Velvet Hardwood Mulch or Hardwood Bark Mulch
· Deadline to order mulch is February 9, 2012 - note that payment is required with order
Please note that they will deliver within a reasonable distance of the Four Points area; specifically as far as Lakeway and the communities surrounding Cedar Park High School. For further questions, information and ordering, please visit www.vhsband.com/mulch
Photo credit- uiltexas.org