PointAustin

Friday, Nov 28th

Last update11:44:15 PM

FacebookTwitterFeed
  • Oasis-Austin.jpg

Little Treasures and Gifts in Lakeway

I recently stumbled across a boutique of little treasures and gifts in Lakeway. Point of Origin, in the Lohmans Crossing Center, is full of treasures from sweets to apparel and everything in between. Their customer service is bar none, and even their resident dog Barley greets and checks in with you periodically as you shop.Point Origin

I had the pleasure of meeting both Linda Bush and Jamie Boyd, the current owners.  Diane West first opened the store 18 years ago in Lakeway as a small card and stationary store with home decor and accents. Mother and daughter, Linda and Jamie, took ownership 5 years ago.  As they grew, they expanded to carry jewerly, fashion accessories and personalized items to create a one-stop shop.

Today you will find handmade sweets from Sweet Shop and jewerly such as Trollbeads and Waxing Poetics. Point of Origin also carries gifts ready to personalize from magnetic boards to cups. Wind and Willow mixes and gift sets are also available in a variety of flavors.

Looking for candles, soaps, or room sprays? There is no shortage to meet this need with products from Tyler Candle Company, Thymes, and Poo-Pourri. Bop Lady Bags, and an entire section dedicated to local collegiate items help round out the gift options for yourself or someone else.

Need something gift wrapped? No problem; they offer complimentary gift wrapping. To show appreciation for their clients, they have the Royalty Card. They keep track of your purchases, and after the 6th purchase you get a credit of 10% of your accumulated purchases. I'm a sucker for rewards, aren't you?

As if Point Of Origin didn't already think of everything, they also have a Christmas store they open a few doors down every October.  Filled full of everything Christmas, the store is full of decor, gift options and visits from Santa. On December 26th, they have an end of season sale that would satisfy any savvy shopper looking for a great deal after the holidays. Of course you will find the same, thoughtful service as you do in it's parent store.

I'm hooked on this place and know you will be too. Happy shopping!

2300 Lohmans Spur # 114, Lakeway, TX 78734-6241 

Photos by: Charity McCreary/Olive Tree Photography Austin